The library has an extensive collection of genealogical materials including local family histories, cemetery records, and other items of interest.
- Our genealogy collection, located in the Fireplace Room and in the stacks, contains basic "how-to" books that can be checked out as well as non-circulating research material.
- Three-ring notebooks contain clippings of birth, death and marriage notices from local newspapers, as well as cemetery records.
- We have Boone newspapers on microfilm back to the 1880s; however, they are only partially indexed.
Click here to see the library's microfilm holdings
- Our library also has a Boone County History Index that lists all our Boone County holdings such as books, reference, plat maps, and cemetery information.
Click here to see the library's Boone County History Index
- Our staff members are not genealogy researchers. We can show patrons where the information is and how to access it, but we cannot do the research.
- The library has Trail Tales, a journal of Boone County history, published by Boone County Historical Society since 1969. These are located behind the desk as a reference item that cannot be checked out. A special thanks to Suzanne S. Caswell for providing the library with an author, issue and subject index to the issues and allowing us to provide this online for better access.