Friends of the Ericson Public Library
Supporting the Ericson Public Library!
Send donations to:
Book Sale Room
Open every day! The book sale room is on the 2nd floor, down the hallway.
Interested in being on the Friends’ board? We are looking for a few library enthusiasts to join the Friends. The Friends Board meets quarterly in March, June, September and December. They're involved in such projects as baby’s first book packets for Boone County Hospital newborns, bringing treats for the librarians on special occasions, and fundraising to support library programs and services. Join the Friends, make your voice heard, and help contribute to your community.
Endow Iowa Foundation
The Friends have established the "Friends of the Ericson Public Library Endow Iowa Fund" through Endow Iowa. Contributions to this fund help the Friends support the library's children's programming, the summer reading program, e-resources, and technology. Donating to the fund allows you as a taxpayer to receive a 25% Endow Iowa tax credit in addition to normal federal charitable income tax deductions for certain charitable gifts. Your contribution will help us maintain the wonderful library services Boone depends on. Thank you for your generosity and your support.
Volunteer with the Friends
The Friends welcome new volunteers, and can especially use help at book sale time. If you would like to help with this year's sale, please leave your contact information with the Library Administration, and someone from the book sale committee will give you a call. We can use help with set-up, during the sale itself, and packing up books after the sale. You'll enjoy meeting the other volunteers and get a sneak peek at the merchandise! Even if you are physically unable to help move books, we could still use your help on the day of the sale, for such duties as helping in the sale rooms and with check-out.
Giving to the Friends has never been easier.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Friends of the Ericson Public Library!
The Friends of the Library accept book donations based on the following criteria:
- Hardcover or paperback books in good condition
- Commercially published media (CDs, DVDs)
- Current magazines (less than 1 year old--these can be put on the free magazine rack on the 2nd floor)
- Puzzles (please ensure no pieces are missing)
- Computer programs (Windows 7 or later)
The following are accepted within stated conditions:
- Price guides and almanacs (current only)
- Medical and financial advice books (less than 5 years old)
- Travel guidebooks (less than 5 years old)
- Computer manuals (less than 5 years old)
- Textbooks (less than 5 years old)
- Test preparation guides (less than 5 years old)
Due to space limitations, we cannot accept the following:
- Soiled/damaged items (broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty or moldy, excessive writing in the text) or clearly outdated materials
- Boxes that have been moved directly from long term storage to the library without being inspected by the donor
- Large quantities of books (we simply don't have the storage space)
- Professional journals
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Outdated media formats (VCR tapes/cassette tapes)
- Guideposts (except fiction)