1. It is the responsibility of the cardholder (or the parent, if the cardholder is a minor) to notify the library immediately when a card is lost or stolen.
2. Until the library receives such notice, any use of the library card will be considered to be with the cardholder’s permission, and the cardholder will be held responsible for items checked out on the card.
3. When the library is notified that a card is lost/stolen, staff will immediately stop service on the card and enter a notice that the card was reported lost/stolen, and the date.
4. If the library card is subsequently presented, the patron must show acceptable identification proving he is the cardholder, or the card will be confiscated.
5. If the lost card is not found, the patron may be issued a replacement card for $1 upon showing acceptable identification.
Adopted December 18, 2000
Reviewed and approved December 15, 2003, November 13, 2007, July 18, 2011, September 15, 2014