Your Library Card
You may receive an Ericson Public Library card if you live in the city of Boone or in rural Boone County, or if you have a valid card from another Iowa library.
Application cards are available at each circulation desk. Applicants must show a picture ID and proof of current address. Children who do not possess picture IDs will need a parent's or legal guardian's signature on the application card.
If your library card is lost or stolen, notify the library immediately. You are responsible for all items checked out on your card before you notify us. There is a $1 charge to replace a lost card.
- How to use the library card
- Please present your card to check out materials. We cannot check out materials without your card or a valid picture ID.
- Most items check out for two weeks.
- Iowa libraries have agreed to honor valid library cards state-wide.
- You may return materials at any of the circulation desks. Books and magazines may be returned in the outside book return. Please do not place AV materials (DVDs, CDs, videos, audiobooks, etc.) in the outside book return because they may be damaged. A $1 fine will be charged for returning AV materials in the outside book return.
- You may renew materials once in person, by telephone, or on our website unless another patron has put them on hold.
- You may reserve items in person, by telephone, or on our website. When the item is available, we will hold it for you and e-mail or telephone you. Once you have been notified, you will have 2 working days to pick up the item. Because the hold system locks the item to the library card number of the patron, the card used to hold an item must be the card to check it out. There is no charge for this service.
- Overdue fines are 10 cents per item, per day, with a maximum fine per item of $10 (or the price of the item, if less than $10). Your borrowing privileges will be suspended if you have any overdue items or if your fines total more than $2 . An overdue notice is sent when the items are 2 weeks overdue. A final notice is sent two weeks later. At that point the items are considered lost and should be returned or paid for.
- If a library item checked out on your card is lost or damaged beyond reasonable repair, you will be responsible for the cost of replacing it. Water damage, stains, and dog-chewing damage will require replacement. The current replacement price will be charged. Overdue fines are not assessed when lost items are paid for. If a lost item is found and returned in circulating condition within 30 days of payment, the replacement price will be refunded.