The Ericson Public Library meeting room(s) is provided for educational, civic, cultural and public information events.
1. Application to use the meeting room shall be made to the Adult Services Coordinator. Applications must include the name of the group, the date and time of the meeting, the number of persons expected, and the name and telephone number of a contact person.
2. Reservations for the meeting room will be taken up to six (6) months in advance.
3. Attendance at the meeting is limited to no more than seventy-five (75) persons.
4. Activities sponsored by the City of Boone, the library or Friends of the Library will receive preference for the use of the meeting room. The library reserves the right to call no later than ten (10) days prior to a reservation and cancel that reservation if such an activity should arise.
5. The use of library space for meetings does not imply the library’s endorsement of the aims and goals of the groups using the room or of the ideas expressed in the meetings.
6. Smoking, alcohol and controlled substances are not permitted in the library, including the meeting room.
7. No money-raising functions, such as on-premises sales, admission fees, free will offerings, or dues are allowed except for those that benefit the library or the Friends of the Library.
8. Placement of signs or other material on the walls is limited to the conference board and the tack strip provided.
9. No group may store their property in the meeting room or use the library as a mailing address.
10. Audiovisual equipment is available for use and should be reserved at the same time the room is reserved. Equipment includes TV, VCR, DVD, AV projector and overhead projector. A screen and PA system are provided in the room.
11. Groups serving food or beverages must dispose of their trash in the receptacles provided.
12. Preparation of the room for the meeting and cleanup following the meeting are the responsibility of the group requesting use of the room. The group will also be responsible for any damage to library property. Damages to the premises, equipment or furnishings as a result of group use will be charged to the group responsible.
Adopted January 17, 2005
Reviewed October 15, 2007
Revised and approved January 27, 2014, September 15, 2014