Use a Computer
The library has public computers with Internet access. This describes what we have and how to use them.
- We have 13 computers on the first floor. One is limited to 15 minutes, one is limited to 30 minutes, and the others may be used for up to four hours a day. We also have an additional 6 laptop computers.
- All computers are loaded with Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as some games. Most computers have Windows 7 operating system.
- One of the computers is hooked to a flatbed scanner.
- Patrons log on using their library card numbers and are limited to two hour increments per log in. When their time is up, they may log on for an additional two hours.
- Patrons must be in good standing (no fines) to use the computers and must abide by the library's Internet Acceptable Use policy.
- Computers are available on a first come, first served basis. No reservations are taken.
- Because the Internet access is not filtered, patrons under 18 are required to have written parental permission on file.
- WI-FI is available throughout the library.
- To login to computers, patrons will use their library barcode number and a PIN. All patrons have a default PIN but can request to have it changed. Please contact library staff for help with this.